SHUSWAP SUPPORT TO UKRAINIANS
Donations can also be made by:
Cheque to: Shuswap Support to Ukrainians *
E-transfer to: firstname.lastname@example.org (auto-deposit)
* Please send us an e-mail at email@example.com to make
arrangements for pick-up.
On Fri 26 May, Irene and Judy presented four hand-crocheted blankets to Maryna and Volodymyr Kosov, the newest family to join our Shuswap Support to Ukrainians group.
In order to quantify the tremendous level of support the Shuswap community has provided in 2022 to our Ukrainian families, we are in the process of compiling a few statistics. The numbers will be published on the website as they become available over the coming weeks. Separate statistics will be compiled for 2023.
1. Ukrainian families supported: 3 (7 adults and 3 children)
2. Number of volunteers: 72
3. Volunteer hours: 4,800 hours
4. Value of the volunteer hours (A): $75,120.
5. Funds raised (donations/fundraisers): $46,910.40
6. Days of host accommodations provided: 309 days
7. Value of host accommodations provided (B): $20,318.
8. Value of in-kind donations: coming soon.
9. Volunteers and housing hosts out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. not wishing to be reimbursed): $15,300.
A: Based on BC minimum salary of $15.65 per hour.
B: Based on $2,000. per month.
Family to arrive
(Date to be determined)
On 17 March 2022, the Honourable Sean Fraser, the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, announced the launch of the Canada-Ukraine Authorization for Emergency Travel (CUAET). The CUAET is a special, accelerated temporary residence pathway for Ukrainians seeking safe haven in Canada while the war in their home country continues. With the CUAET, Ukrainians and their immediate family members of any nationality may stay in Canada as temporary residents for up to 3 years.
Want to do your part in helping Ukrainians impacted by the war?
Look no further. You can help right here in our local Shuswap, British Columbia, community. A team of over 60 local residents, from Sicamous to Chase, are getting ready to welcome Ukrainian families.
You can help in two ways:
Make a donation to our GoFundMe campaign (click on button at the top of the page); and/or
2. Volunteer in one or more of the following support areas by completing this online form:
1 - Education
2 - Employment
3 - Financial
4 - Fundraising
5 - General support
6 - Health
7 - Housing
8 - In-kind donations
9 - Orientation
10 - Social and recreation
11 - Transportation
12 - Welcoming
13 - Translation assistance
As time is of the essence, please submit the form as soon as possible. Based on your selected support
area(s), the Support Team Coordinators will contact you with more information.
Weekly updates are published every Monday.