top of page
FALL 2023 SESSION
- Tuesday 5 Dec: - Regular classes. Students considered ready for testing will be informed by their respective instructors. All testing criteria can be found here (bottom of that page).
- Thursday 7 Dec: - 5:30 pm to 6:00 pm (upper level): testing for 5-6 years old class.
- 5:30 pm and 6:45 pm (lower level): regular classes for 7-10 years old and youths (11+)/adults respectively.
- Tuesday 12 Dec: - No 5:30 pm class for 5-6 years old.
- 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm (lower level): testing for 7-10 years old class.
- 6:45 pm to 8:00 pm (lower level): testing for youths (11+)/adults class.
- Thursday 14 Dec: - End of year event for all age groups/classes. Families are invited to attend.
- 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm: presentation of test results and demonstrations (lower level). - 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm: snacks and refreshments (upper level) for all students and their families.
FAMILIES ARE INVITED TO BRING FINGER FOODS (appetizer or dessert) TO SERVE 6 to 8 PEOPLE. REFRESHMENTS WILL BE PROVIDED.
In order to plan for the
Thursday 14 December end of year event
mentioned above, please let us know by
FRIDAY 8 DECEMBER
how many family members (including students) will be attending by completing
this short online form.
TO ALL FALL 2023 SESSION STUDENTS
Planning for the winter/spring 2024 session is under way and we need to know if you will be attending or not. ALL FALL 2023 SESSION STUDENTS need to submit the online Returning Student Registration Form and select one of the four options as listed on the form:
YES: You will be attending the winter/spring 2024 session.
NO BUT: You will NOT be attending the winter/spring 2024 session BUT would like your name to be included on the waiting list for the fall 2024 session.
NO: You will not be attending the winter/spring 2024 session nor any future sessions.
- OTHER: Provide details and we will contact you.
DEADLINE: Friday 12 January 2024
If we do not receive the form by the deadline, we will automatically assume that you are not returning for the winter/spring 2024 session nor any future sessions.
Starting in 2024, the Dojo will transition to 2 instead of the current 3 sessions per year as follows:
- WINTER/SPRING session: Tuesday 6 February to Thursday 30 May (no classes during the school spring break (18 - 29 March)).
FALL session: Tuesday 10 September to Thursday 12 December.
2024 WINTER/SPRING SESSION REGISTRATION
DEADLINE: Friday 12 January 2024
NEW STUDENTS: Submit the online New Student Registration Form.
RETURNING STUDENTS (i.e. those attending the fall 2023 session): Submit the online Returning Student Registration Form. See the IMPORTANT NOTICE above for more information.
PAST STUDENTS: If you have missed one or more sessions and would like to rejoin, contact us.
SATURDAY 4 NOVEMBER 2023
BOTTLE DRIVE FUNDRAISER
Thank you to Kasey Lewis (organizer) and the 19 students/family members you helped with the collecting and sorting of approximately 9,500 cans/bottles.
TOTAL RAISED: $987.00
The funds raised will be divided amongst the 9 members of the Dojo participating in the March 2024 Goju-Ryu Shorei-Kan Karate tournament taking place in Tokyo, Japan.
WINTER/SPRING 2024 SESSION
Tuesday 6 Feb to Thursday 30 May
Friday 12 Jan: Deadline for registration (see additional information on this page).
Monday 15 Jan:
Students on waiting list (new students and past students) will be informed of space availability.
Invoices issued to all students attending the session.
Friday 26 Jan: Deadline for payment of invoices.
Thursday 1 Feb (5:30 pm to 6:30pm): Information meeting for all new students.
Tuesday 6 Feb: First class of session.
Monday 18 Mar - Fri 29 Mar: NO CLASSES during the school spring break.
Thursday 23 May and Tuesday 28 May: Testing (more info to be provided in April).
Thursday 30 May: Presentation of test results. Last class of the session.
DOJO CLOSED DURING JUN, JUL AND AUG
FALL 2024 SESSION STARTS ON TUESDAY 10 SEP
(Registration deadline Friday 16 Aug)
6-2417 Golf Course Dr., Blind Bay, BC, V0E 1H2
Thank you for supporting the Dojo by donating
the reverse osmosis water jug refills.
bottom of page